logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option --show-profiles and DEM

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 11 08:46:09 GMT 2018

I'm sorry Gerd but you are wrong.

When I have a map merged with contours but without DEM and without show-porfiles=1 in my options args file the elevation profile is greyes out and not available. Only if I use show-porfiles=1 an altitude profile is available when making a route. So please keep this option or make it default.

________________________________
Van: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> namens Carlos Dávila <cdavilam at orangecorreo.es>
Verzonden: donderdag 11 januari 2018 00:14:29
Aan: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Onderwerp: Re: [mkgmap-dev] option --show-profiles and DEM

If you compile a map with contour lines and show-profiles=1 MapSource
does calculate route profile. I've been using a command like the
following for a long time and it worked for me:
java -ea -Xmx4500M -jar mkgmap.jar --output-dir=./tmp --tdbfile --latin1
--code-page=1252 --description="OSM+$CURVAS-$MAPA" --country-name=$PAIS
--country-abbr=$ABR --family-name="OSM+$CURVAS $MAPA" --family-id=3$FID
--product-id=1 --product-version=$VERSION --series-name="OSM+$CURVAS
$MAPA" --area-name="$MAPA" --overview-mapname=$ABR-3$FID
--overview-mapnumber=653${FID}000 --index --road-name-config=$CONFIG
--show-profiles=1 tmp/551${FID}*.img curvas/602${FID}*.img
typ/$ABR-3${FID}.TYP
Where tmp/551${FID}*.img are precompiled regular map tiles and
curvas/602${FID}*.img are precompiled contour lines tiles. The only
issue is MapSource doesn't display contour lines, only height numbers.