logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] dem-poly and precomp-sea

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed Jan 10 09:46:04 GMT 2018

El 10/01/18 a las 09:54, Gerd Petermann escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I think that the bounding polygon given with option --dem-poly should be also be used in the precomp-sea option,
> so that mkgmap doesn't generate sea polygons outside of the bounding polygon. With the current code a map of e.g.
> scandinavia looks strange, see attached picture.
I think that could also lead to stranger results, see attached
screenshots, one from JOSM showing my spain.poly and other one from
MapSource showing resulting map. I would prefer to show sea as currently
rather than cut by spain.poly. Anyway, that could be an option, the same
than currently we have --no-trim in splitter to get right the opposite
effect.

> In a further step I should try to use that polygon also for the background polygon (0x4B) and other data.
> In a final step we might be able to use it for routing data so that you can split maps at left-driving / right-driving boundaries,
> but that needs more thinking.
Splitting maps at left/right driving boundaries or country boundaries
would really be a great improvement.