logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance with zipped hgt files

From Henning Scholland osm at hscholland.de on Mon Jan 8 11:52:05 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd,
how about using a compressed temp-format for DEM information, which is
more suitable for DEM-calculation?
Or even store DEM-information in temp folder <output-dir>/DEM and just
reuse them next time if possible. I think (at least for me) they don't
change that often. So this will have a high impact and should be quite
easy to implement.

These DEM-precompiled data mkgmap could calculate in a separate run
after user changed map areas.

I guess whole DEM needs to be recalculated if areas change, am I right?
That's why we can't store pre-calculated DEM-1°-Tiles.

Henning