logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM file and the block-size option

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Jan 7 01:01:00 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd,

 > for MDR mkgmap sets the blocksize to 16384 if not set otherwise with
 > the block-size option:
 > params.setBlockSize(args.get("block-size", 16384));

I have seen this code. I think it is wrong to use the same option for
tiles and index. Index can be very big regardless of tile size.

I noticed other problem. Please look at any *_mdr.img with block size
16k. You will find a 3MB of zeroes between FAT and map data. I haven't
found code, which calculates offset from beginning of file to start of
MDR header, I think it is calculated wrong. It looks like offset
increases with block size, which makes no sens - FAT records remains the
same, regardless of block size.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej