logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r4015 in dem-tdb branch implements --x-overview-dem-dist

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 24 08:55:12 GMT 2017

Hi Henning,

currrent implememtation is that DEM is only added to the overview map if  x-overview-dem-dist is
given and has a value > 0. My Oregon 600 basemap has multiple levels : 276160,552336,1104672
the older 450t only one with 276160. So, maybe I should change the default so that
DEM is added to the overwview map with 276160 and the option allows to use a smaller value (=higher resolution) ?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Henning Scholland <osm at hscholland.de>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 24. Dezember 2017 05:50:35
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] r4015 in dem-tdb branch implements --x-overview-dem-dist

Hi Gerd,

after thinking a while about overview-dem and it's not really logical to
me. Mainly the proposed x-overview-dem-dist=0 isn't really intuitive. I
should have thought more better before proposing it. It would be better
to have a separate parameter -x-dem-overview=yes/no, where yes is
default when DEM is activated.

I will try to find a value for overview DEM with my maps. Keep you posted.

Henning