logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] DEM size in Garmin Basemap > 16MB

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 22 21:16:56 GMT 2017

Hi Andrzej,

with r4016 I've changed the limit for DEM files to 256 MB and it seems to work fine.
Maybe I should better use a different writer class for DEM, the limit is in BufferedImgFileWriter
but not in FileBackedImgFileWriter which we use for mdr files. Something to look at in the next days.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Dezember 2017 20:22:06
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] DEM size in Garmin Basemap > 16MB

Hi Andrzej,

good to know. I assume the 16MB limit makes sense for other subfiles which only have 3-byte offsets. In DEM files every offset
is stored with up to  4 bytes, so it it obvious that more than 16MB are intended.
I've now found that there is already a method setMaxSize() which allows to set a different size and
I am now testing the created img files. With gmapi format it looks good.