logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r4006: 1st alpha version to write DEM data

From Frank Stinner Frank.Stinner at kabelmail.de on Thu Dec 21 17:25:34 GMT 2017

Hi Gerd and Henning,

the count of nodes haven't influence to creation of dem, only the size (and the surface) of the area. I haven't see a problem with the size of dem
file, but perhaps it is a good idea if we had a additional restriction for splitter. Not only maxnode, but a "maxwidth" and/or "maxheight". Then we
can limit the size of areas like deserts.

On my "explorations" i have see, that a defective 64x64 tile most troubling the whole maptile. It is not easy to find the cause of that. Perhaps the
decoder in mapsource don't stop automaticly at the end of the data range for a 64x64 tile.

By the way, if you save the input int-data for your encoder in a textfile, you can "feed" builddemfile with this int-data (option --data). Or you can
test this data with the prog input2.

Frank

---