logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r4006: 1st alpha version to write DEM data

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Dec 21 08:51:29 GMT 2017

Hi Henning,

yes, that matches my findings. So far I found a small difference in the encoding of plateau lenghts
but even when I changed my code to match that of BuildDEMFile I did not see an improvement.
I am now trying to find out why BuildDEMFile sometimes interpolates a different height value.
The values differ by a few cm and thus sometimes mkgmap rounds down while BuildDEMFile rounds up
(or vice versa). I am pretty sure that this is not a problem but it makes it nearly impossible to compare the
resulting bit streams.
Just a matter of time ...

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Henning Scholland <osm at hscholland.de>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2017 00:59:38
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] r4006: 1st alpha version to write DEM data

Hi Gerd,
just a brief feedback: Overall it seems to be fine. In MapSource and
Basecamp most of the DEM-Data is displayed. But there a many squares
completely empty (I guess not read at all by Garmin). Of these tiles a
lot are along the coast and nearby lake-area. Maybe this is related to
large areas with no changing elevation. But also there are some
coast-tiles working well. If you need additional information, please let
me know.

Bye Henning