logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] too many restrictions

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Nov 30 10:15:07 GMT 2017

Hi Frank,

you don't use every road in the pbf.
The lines file you posted ignores all lies with line_minorstreet=*
There may also be a problem with your prepro as it generates ways with empty tag values, e.g. way 148796438 has line_path3=""
I think these ways are ignored by mkgmap.
So, when I use --ignore-turn-restrictions the generated map is only ~371 kb.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Frank Stinner <frank.stinner at leipzig.de>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. November 2017 10:45:37
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] too many restrictions

Hi Gerd,

thank you for your answer.

>add more minor roads in your style
Let us build more roads! ;)
I use every road and also every small and bad visible trail for my maps, all for hiking and bicycle.

>use --ignore-turn-restrictions
But then i have propably "false" routing? (That's not a problem for me. For hiking i don't need routing. I'm looking for nice ways, not short ways.)

Is shrinking the tile size also an option?
I use splitter with dummy values, but with --num-tiles=x or better with --max-nodes < 1600000 should i have smaller tiles (?). In this case it could be a good idea, if mkgmap show an additional error message like this: "x% of roads successfull handled ...". Then we have a idea for a better value for --max-nodes.

Frank