logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] a new DEM-File Option

From osm@pinns osm at pinns.co.uk on Tue Oct 31 15:11:49 GMT 2017

Hi Minko

In theory yes , as it's creating a tdb any way, but I think it will need
a new tool, bit like the typ creator.

ie it doesn't know the file lengths of your .dem files

I can imagine you could devise a code that creates a new tdb file given
your existing tdb and a list of .dem files.

I'm afraid I'm no good at Java so can't help you there.

The problem with tdb files is that any change to the file requires a new
crc32 checksum calculation else Basecamp will complain and not function
while Mapsource will bomb out.

btw your benelux v6 map worked for me because of your .gemap folder and
pointed me in the right direction, ie not to use mkgmap's -gemapi option.

Thanks for that