logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nodes on a way/polygon

From Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com on Wed Oct 4 15:40:44 BST 2017

On 04/10/2017 14:34, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> Can you explain why this would be useful?

If it helps, I can see why it might be useful to find out which other
OSM objects a node is part of, given that I'm just about to make use of
exactly that capability in a lua script called from osm2pgsql.  In my
case it'd be "do something different for information route markers based
on what route relation they're part of", but I can certainly see why
someone might want to "do something different if they're mounted on a wall".

This of course echoes Richard Fairhurst's post here back at
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2017q1/026289.html .
Personally I'd find it extremely useful to be able to take say
https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/SomeoneElse-style/blob/master/style.lua
and use that as a basis for styling both in OSM Carto and mkgmap, but
unfortunately I've no idea what'd be needed on the Java/lua integration
side.

Best Regards,

Andy