logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap:set_unconnected_type differentiate between connected on both sides or on one side only

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Sep 17 13:49:12 BST 2017

So here are my findings - only use case c) works (which means the same
behaviour as before - so the patch does not break anything as far as I
found out while playing around).

in lines file:
a)
( highway=service | highway=track | highway=path | highway=footway ) &
service=driveway  {set mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type=none; set
mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=none}
service=driveway & (mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type=none |
mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=none) {delete highway; delete service; delete
access; delete name;}
highway=path &  service=driveway  [0x13 road_class=0 road_speed=0
resolution 24 ]

Will end up with all service=driveway & highway=path lines deleted, no only
those that are unconnected or semi_connected.

b)
( highway=service | highway=track | highway=path | highway=footway ) &
service=driveway  {set mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type=none; set
mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=none}
# service=driveway & (mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type=none |
mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=none) {delete highway; delete service; delete
access; delete name;}
highway=path &  service=driveway  [0x13 road_class=0 road_speed=0
resolution 24 ]

Will not do anything.

c)
highway=path &  service=driveway {set mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=none; set
mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=none }  [0x01 road_class=0 road_speed=0
resolution 24 ]
works.

It would be great if either a) or b) approach could be taken also. Or if
would be possible to simply write a line like:
( highway=service | highway=track | highway=path | highway=footway ) &
service=driveway  {set mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type=delete; set
mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=delete}
So you could delete those lines without placing many many of set
mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type=none in each line in your styles file where
you need it.

Another thing about the type which I consider a bit buggy is the following
mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type=0x27 or mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=0x1f
will throw the error no routable type should be used, while AFAIK the only
routable types are
0x01-0x16 plus with special consideration  0x1a-0x1c. 0x2? is never
routable. So it should not be treated like none. This is not really
important though.
Felix

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck