logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Recent Garmin Firmware "cannot authenticate maps" when they are unicode

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Fri Aug 25 21:18:28 BST 2017

Hi all,

maybe it's already a know bug.
I just stumbled over this one:

On a new Oregon750 I got the Error "cannot authenticate maps", while on the
old Oregon550 the maps worked like always.

I found out that changing the option "unicode" to "latin1" in my style did
the trick, the resulting maps work on both devices.

Over here in Germany I have no problem with latin1, but I suspect that in
Russia or in the middle east or far east countries this will be a real
problem.

I attached the Error Screenshots.

Ciao,
  Franco