logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] "shop=no"

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Aug 20 07:59:12 BST 2017

Hi Bernhard,

maybe we should just change the "mop up" rule to ignore all shops without a name:
change
shop=* & shop!=no & shop!=none [0x2e0c resolution 24]
shop=* & shop!=no & shop!=none & name=* [0x2e0c resolution 24]

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Bernhard Hiller <bhil at gmx.de>
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. August 2017 18:53:00
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] "shop=no"

Hi Gerd,

that's a good point. Let's take a look at the numbers:
vacant 10542
no 2732
disused 2389
abandoned 9
vacancy 9
Vacant 7
unused 5
none 4
disused:supermarket 2
Vacant Store 1
vacant;survey 1
vacat 1
computer;vacant 1
vacant;chemist 1
abandone 1
disused:shop=car 1
disused:bicycle 1
disused:clothes 1
disused:garden_centre 1
disued (backery) 1
disused:hairdresser 1
disused:pet,garden_centre 1
disused:butcher 1
disused:mall 1
disuded 1

I am not so sure what do with "vacant" as this might indicate a
temporary state of that shop, but depending on the place it might never
become a shop again.
Also with the "disused" cases, the shops could be in operation a short
time later again, or never.
At least, these cases are more important (vacant) or equally important
(disused) as shop=no.

By the way, I run an overpass query for shop=no in the Frankfurt/Germany
region: the "shop=no" tags are typically used here at fuel stations...
Same holds true for Berlin or Prague. In England, I stumbled upon node
node https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/412490731 which combines shop=no
with amenity=icecream. There are some rare occasions where a building
was mapped with shops in all adjacent building which received a shop=no.

More input from other mappers / map makers is welcome.

Regards,
Bernhard