logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to identify beginning and end of a route?

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Fri Aug 18 10:00:21 BST 2017

Hi

I read the following:

Matching member roles by regular expression
Currently, apply role=value is for fixed strings.

I'm not quite sure what 'fixed strings ' means but perhaps it means that the
unique properties of individual members of a relation cannot be parsed.

This is a shame as it would be great to mark the start and end of  cycling /
hiking routes.

In osm we can mark the start of a route using role="start" ,ie

 <member type="node" ref="454189725" role="start"/>
  <tag k="name" v="Otter Valley Walk"/>
  <tag k="network" v="rwn"/>
  <tag k="osmc:symbol" v="blue:green:yellow_pointer"/>
  <tag k="ref" v="OVW"/>
  <tag k="roundtrip" v="no"/>
  <tag k="route" v="foot"/>
  <tag k="type" v="route"/>
 </relation>

However, I've not been able to capture this node.

I wonder if anyone has an answer?

Nick