logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] License issue in mkgmap & splitter source: GPL-2 (v2 only) incompatible with GPL-3 (v3 only)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Aug 6 07:41:52 BST 2017

Hi Bas,

okay, I see no problem to change to GPL-2+ for sources written by me, but if
that also means we need permissions from authors who did not post anything
since many
years you can probably forget this. A quick check in mkgmap sources shows
297 java sources with
GPL-3 or GPL-2+ licence and 273 with GPL-2 only. Most of the latter (236)
are from Steve Ratcliffe or have no copyright section.

Still a few show (inactive) copyright holders :
Copyright 2009 Toby Speight
Copyright (C) 2010 Jeffrey C. Ollie
Copyright 2009 Clinton Gladstone
Copyright (C) 2009 Christian Gawron