logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] style file reader error

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Aug 3 23:09:47 BST 2017

Hi Mike

> Hi Steve, thanks for the quick response. The patch fixes the second issue, but I have found one more slightly more obscure error.
>
> The following statement fails:
> (((name~'(?i)police' | name~'(?i)police station') & historic:amenity!=police) | name~'(?i)tunnel') & highway!=bus_stop {echotags 'Trigger 5'}

Unfortunately as you are using regex a lot, you are going to be finding a
lot of these errors.

Fortunately I have a solution, but it is a fairly big change so will
have to wait for the weekend.

> The error message says:
> Invalid rule expression: (((($name~'(?i)police')|($name~'(?i)police station'))&($historic:amenity!=police&$highway!=bus_stop)))
>
> It appears to have lost the tunnel clause, presumably something to do with the handling of brackets.

The error is just showing the part of the expression that it could not
handle, so nothing has been really lost.  I'll see if I can get the
original rule printed or at least change the message to show that it
is just a part of the original rule.

Steve