logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] style file reader error

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Jul 30 12:45:18 BST 2017

Hi Mike

> Hi, I seem to have found a bug in the style file reader - it does not appear
> to work correctly if the first term is a not equals term. For example, with
> the following two rules only the latter one correctly triggers:
>
> highway!=bus_stop & name~'(?i)ferry terminal' {echotags 'Trigger 1'}
> name~'(?i)ferry terminal' & highway!=bus_stop {echotags 'Trigger 2'}

Yes that is a bug, thanks for reporting it.

> I think it is failing to match when there is no highway tag at all.
> If you start with highway!=* as your first term in a rule, the style reader
> throws it out as not valid with "Cannot start rule with tag!=*" and I think
> this may be related.

The rules were more restrictive in the past, and when an error
message doesn't make sense it is usually down to a bug, since these
things should not happen any more.  Although the code does require
that an equals or exists terms is first, it is also supposed to
re-arrange the expression so that is the case.

So your first expression should have been re-written to

   name=* && name~'(?i)ferry terminal' & highway!=bus_stop

There is a second bug, in that having failed to re-arrange it
properly it should have then failed with an error. As it turns
out there was a test for this, but it was saying that it
should be allowed instead of being a failure.

The only intended restriction now is that you cannot write a rule that
would match an element without any tags at all.

The attached patch should fix both these issues.

..Steve