logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r3971: - roadNameConfig_v1.patch by Carlos Davida which adds more countries and languages

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Jul 28 11:46:08 BST 2017

Hi

For English, I don't think there should be any prefixes, so can't
comment on this aspect.

I've been using a map built with --road-name-config with a long list of
suffixes for a few days and:

1/ The GMAPSUPP.IMG is slightly bigger (0.083%)

2/ Find>Address isn't as natural to use. The Streets in the list don't
have the suffix and only when you select one, do you see, in the list
of matching addresses, all the variants (Road, Avenue, etc)

3/ On the map, at medium resolution, my device picks out some streets
names and shows them without the suffix. These have a similar
appearance to area features and are just plain confusing because it
isn't obvious when the name is there, whereas, when it had the full
road name it was.

I'm swapping back to --no-road-name-config

Regards
Ticker