logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] CP1251/1253/1256 and more broken if used without --lower-case

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jul 25 10:41:49 BST 2017

most likely not - it's just strange that some cgpsmapper maps appear
completely in lower-case (first letter capital) - same behaviour as e.g.
latin1 - while most mkgmap created non latin1 maps are fully in caps
without --lower-case option. The code page is correct however. This is
independant of Mapsource/Basecamp/GPSMapedit - however on Windows 7 it
seems to be fine. On devices itself it also seems to be fine.

Is there a list anywhere which devices are compatible/not compatible with
--lower-case? Maybe this note about incompatibility is really really dated?

On 25 July 2017 at 08:07, Gerd Petermann <GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if I got this right this problem is probably not caused by an error in
> mkgmap, right?

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich