logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource/Basecamp/GPSMapedit transliterating codepage 1251/1256 maps

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jun 27 09:16:11 BST 2017

Oh - forgot to add. Even though this seems to be a windows problem - maps
produced in CP1251 with cgpsmapper do not seem to be affected by this
transliteration.
e.g. http://gis-lab.info/data/mp/  -- not transliterated.

my sample map: https://openmtbmap.org/mtbgreece.exe
is however shown on some windows computers in latin - on some in
kyrillic/greek (1253).

Codepages like 932 japanese or chinese which are really not transliterable
do work fine on all computers however. Unicode of course also works on all
computers.

On 27 June 2017 at 10:08, Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any Clues on this?
>
> If I create maps in arabic or kyrillic (or also greek) script - they do
> work fine on some computers - on others (notably windows 10) however they
> are transliterated into latin.
>

> Mkgmap is creating the maps correctly - is there any logic behind this/
> way to stop those programs from transliterating into latin - WITHOUT
> changing windows default codepage to the map codepage?
>
> I do not really understand why/how this is happening and somehow miss the
> right clues to find out via google.
>

> --
> Felix Hartman - Openmtbmap.org & VeloMap.org
> Schusterbergweg 32/8
> 6020 Innsbruck
> Austria - Österreich

Schusterbergweg 32/8