logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Incompatibility after recent changes?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jun 9 09:26:17 BST 2017

Hi Hadmud,

okay, I now had time to try your commands. I had  to change them because I am using Windows.
One observertion: I have to use quotes to quotes where your command shows none:
Yours:
--description=Karte Reunion 04.06.2017
Mine:
"--description=Karte Reunion 04.06.2017"

With that change mkgmap doesn't complain and the created gmapsupp.img works fine on my Oregon 600.
I'd move the option --gmapsupp after --family-name=HBOX, else the latter has no effect.

Besides that I have no idea what might cause the problems. Maybe a size limit in the Etrex?
If I got that right you have an old input file which works fine both with r3625 and with r3970 and
all newer OSM input files create broken maps?

The option --poi-excl-index=0x6400-0x661f excludes POI from index which were not
indexed with older mkgmap versions, so I thought it might be worth to try without.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Hadmut Danisch <hadmut at danisch.de>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017 20:45:22
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Incompatibility after recent changes?

As a workaround for the moment I've downloaded map segments from uni
wuppertal and combined them with mkgmap, which worked without
problems.

With all mkgmap versions I've tested an older osm map of Berlin was
properly converted into a working garmin map, while a recent one
resulted in a map completely ignored by the etrex.

regards
Hadmut