logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with visibility object in Garmin img

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jun 1 19:38:36 BST 2017

Hi Darek,

the docu is obviously misleading, you are not the first who thinks that the options should be sorted
as listed in the docu. This is simply not the case, the docu groups the options by meaning.
The order is impportant because you can repeat options with different values.
For example, splitter generates a file template.args with repeated options like
mapname: 63240001
input-file: 63240001.osm.pbf
mapname: 63240002
input-file: 63240002.osm.pbf
All options given before the input-file= 63240001.osm.pbf line are used for that file.
Next, mapname is changed, other options keep their value when
input-file= 63240002.osm.pbf is processed.

if you start mkgmap with
java -jar mkgmap.jar -c template.args --style-file=xyz other.osm
mkgmap uses the default style for the first input-files and the style in directory xyz for the last.
This might be intended, so mkgmap doesn't complain.
There are also special cases with options like --gmapsupp or --index.
I'll try to improve docu to make that clearer.

Reg. osmconvert: I think you can feed it with 3 osm files and the polygon file to get the merged data. Use this as input for splitter.