logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap r3961 : new option --x-road-name-config

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 29 08:35:37 BST 2017

Hi all,

see also http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2017q2/026649.html

I've now implemented a first version of a user interface for the prefix / suffix filter in r3961.

A sample configuration file is in examples\roadNameConfig.txt .
Use it with --x-road-name-config=roadNameConfig.txt

The option is not yet documented because I am not sure if we need more.
I thought about adding the file to the default style but decided against it because the
filter is used after all style processing and housenumber matching, so it is not really a style.
Another reason is that the code for the style reader is quite complex ;-)

This is the last new feature in the branch, I only plan to add documentation and fix errors during the
next days and merge to trunk on friday.

Reg. the problems with address search in --unicode maps:
I've fixed a few more small issues but I no longer have a Nüvi for testing. I fear it still doesn't work with unicode maps.
On my Oregon I still see the same problems, names with special characters are not found
- Töpferweg is not found when typing "Tö" or "Töpf", but it is listed with "To" or "Topf"
- Search for "A" gives incomplete result when list contains names starting with "Æ" . I assume this might be fixed with
changes in the file cp65001.txt

Please report if you see better results with your style / device.