logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Search for names with special characters

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 12 16:26:09 BST 2017

Hi all,

I am still trying to understand how the content of the SRT sub file is used
by Garmin software and how it should be used by mkgmap.
After two days of experimenting with a map of Denmark I finally
found a way to make the characters Æ and æ findable in the device.
Again, I had to remove the expand statements in cp-1252.txt and
add the two characters after the line with z like below:
 < z,Z ; ž,Ž
< æ,Æ

I did not work when I added those two characters before or after or at the end of the sequence of the A variants
< a,ª,A ; á,Á ; à,À ; â, ; å,Å ; ä,Ä ; ã,Ã

Does anybody understand that and is able to explain it to me?