logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] amenity=restaurant and search index

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 27 19:14:18 BST 2017

Hi Bernhard,

yes, that is understood. My problem seems to be caused  by the fact that the index is wrong so that 0x2a00 does
not appear where it should. This is my guess because when I create a gmapsupp in MapSource and analyse the
index I see that it doesn't contain the entry for 0x2a00.
I think the problem is that we don't fully understand some bytes in the index.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Bernhard Hiller <bhil at gmx.de>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. April 2017 19:41:44
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] amenity=restaurant and search index

The index may be sometimes confusing: there are categories which sum up
other categories, and that also depends on the device type.
See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/POI_Types
E.g. 0x2a04 is shown under
- All Categories
- Asian
- Chinese
on an Oregon 600, but the category "Asian" is missing on some other devices.

According to that site, "International" shows 0x2a06 only on most Garmin
devices, but additionally 0x2a13-0x2a1f on Oregon 600.

The categories are hard-coded by Garmin (well, you can edit the language
file and change their meaning), so they will show up on your device even
if there is no POI available for that category.