logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and the --lower-case option

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 25 17:36:18 BST 2017

Hi Andrzej,

see attached patch.
One detail was wrong in my previous post:
The name "Außer Ort" is converted to "AUSSER ORT" using the Java method
String.toUpperCase(Locale.ENGLISH)
so that result doesn't depend on the used --charset option or the --unicode / --latin1.
I've seen that Garmin maps use a different approach, they contain e.g. HAUPTSTRAßE"
and the rendered map shows "Hauptstraße" and search also works.
I did not yet try other special characters which expand to two or more characters.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. April 2017 18:26:09
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] address search and the --lower-case option

Hi Gerd,

what have you changed in cp1252.txt? I guess you could add "ß" as
primary ordering strengths or as secondary after "s". Maybe secondary
would work on upper-case too?

Or maybe problem with upper-case is that mkgmap doesn't expand "ß", when
it is defined as primary/secondary? Could it be corrected, so expansion
is done regardless of primary content?

What about "µ", wouldn't labels with this character cause problems too?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej