logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] draw-priority – influence rendering order of two maps on a device

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 25 13:02:35 BST 2017

Hi Michel,

you can use gmaptool to display this info:
gmt -i gmapsupp.img

See
http://www.gmaptool.eu/en

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Michael Reichert <michael.reichert at geofabrik.de>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. April 2017 13:46:24
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] draw-priority – influence rendering order of two maps on a device

Hi,

one of our customers bought a propietary Garmin map (Topo Adria Pro)
for his outdoor GPS reciever (GPSmap 62) and would like to have a
secondary map on top of that map which shows some geometries (a boundary
and a few POIs) we digitized from a paper map [1].

I successfully build a Garmin map using mkgmap which contains the
boundary. If I load the map on the microSD card which already contains
the propietary map, the map gets rendered but *below* the propietary map
.

I tried the following to get the additional map to be drawn on top:
- - Rename the file by adding "aaa" at the beginning of the file name.
- - Insert "aaa" at the beginning of the description (--description
option of mkgmap).
- - Insert "aaa" at the beginning of the family name (--family-name option
).
- - Reduce number of --mapname option (I tried --mapname=10000000).
- - Try different draw priorities using --draw-priority. I tried 999, 30
and 48 without any success.
- - Build one gmapsupp.img containing both the Garmin Topo map and the
additional map.
  java -jar mkgmap.jar --output-dir=../merged/  --gmapsupp
../input/garmin-topo.img ../output/additional.img
Even if I change the order (additional.img before garmin-topo.img),
nothing changes.

Do you know at which location inside a gmapsupp.img file I can find the
draw priority of the Garmin Topo map? If I know that draw priority, I
can use a higher priority.

Btw, I use mkgmap 3909.

Best regards

Michael

[1] not for redistribution and not containing any OSM data

- --
Michael Reichert      www.geofabrik.de
Geofabrik GmbH        Handelsregister: HRB Mannheim 703657
Amalienstr. 44        Geschaeftsfuehrung: C. Karch, F. Ramm
76133 Karlsruhe       Tel: 0721-1803560-3
reichert at geofabrik.de Fax: 0721-1803560-9