logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to name junctions in crossroads

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Apr 24 09:37:16 BST 2017

Hi Bodo,

you confused me because those are ways, not nodes, but besides that you are probably right,
this change would fix your problem and cause the new one, so that doesn't help.
I think those short segments should have no name, but that may cause other problems.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Bodo Pfelzer <bodo.pfelzer at web.de>
Gesendet: Montag, 24. April 2017 10:06:52
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] How to name junctions in crossroads

Perhaps this is not the correct list for my question, but:

Yesterday I was confused by my Garmin device while driving down the A560. At the end I had to turn left into "Europaallee". I assume because of node 243623175, my device told me to turn left into "Wingenshof" which is the opposite direction. My intention tells me, that I would have to swap the names of nodes 123377330 and 243623175. Is this correct? Would it have an impact on people that want to drive from Wingenshof to A560? Would they be advised to follow Europaallee first before turning left?

Bodo