logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How can we use prefix/suffix feature in road names?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sat Apr 15 11:15:56 BST 2017

Hi Gerd,

let's add more declaration to option file in style. This could be a
block of option for a country and for a language. Each country block
would contain command line options and additional declarations valid
only for this country. Language block would be a kind of include, merged
to country declaration, when "use-language" is applied.

For example:

country=CAN {
	name-tag-list=name:en,name:fr,name
	drive-on=right
	use-language=en,fr
}

language=en {
	x-mdr7-suffix=street,road,way
}

language=fr {
	x-mdr7-prefix=avenue,chemin,rue
}

If options are duplicated, mkgmap should use first command line options,
then style and last LocatorConfig.

Some options can't be processed as per country value. I think these
option could be ignored in country block with a warning only. This would
make a style a bit independent of mkgmap version.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej