logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How can we use prefix/suffix feature in road names?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Fri Apr 14 10:27:31 BST 2017

Hi Gerd,

 > we can set up a file similar to LocatorConfig.xml which contains
 > prefixes and suffixes grouped by language and add some information in
 > LocatorConfig.xml to say which language(s) are used for road names in
 > that country.

This is a good idea. I can't see the final solution yet, but I have some
thoughts:
- The list of prefixes/suffixes for each language would be maintained
better if it was easy to edit by users. I would prefer it to be a part
of style rather then a part of LocatorConfig.
- There should be support for multiple languages in a single country.
- Would be good to have some support for languages derived form OSM
tags, like "name:en", "name:de".
- A direct option for mkgmap to set language could be useful.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej