logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search on device with --x-split-name-index option

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Apr 11 09:18:28 BST 2017

Hi Gerd

> I just noticed that the gmapsupp produced by MapSource changes a lot when I enable/disable option --x-split-name-index, so it probably calculates the gmapsupp index
> based on the index calculated by mkgmap, not from scratch. If that is true it is probably not a good idea to use that as a reference.

It is true that it uses the desktop index to generate the device index,
but it is still useful information because the formats are different
and so it has to calculate those, and some things have to be recalculated
anyway.

So as you noted it appears to be fixing up mdr17, and it also
fixes the repeat flags.

..Steve