logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] tag landuse=residential produced false areas

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Apr 9 16:12:51 BST 2017

Hi Thomas,

what do you mean with "it is the default style" ?
I don't see the line
place=village | landuse= residential [0x03 resolution 18]
in the default style that is shipped with r3890.
That uses 0x10 for landuse=residential and 0x03 for place=village
So, I assume it is a modified version of a default style which may contain
other changes as well. Maybe you use type 0x03 for more polygons or the ShapeMerger
merges them because they have no name?
If that doesn't help already please post a link to your style and options.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thomas Morgenstern <webmaster at img2ms.de>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 9. April 2017 14:52:25
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] tag landuse=residential produced false areas

Hi all, i have testet a few mkgmap-release, included the new r-3890. But the wrong polygons comes with all releases. What i did.:
in stylefile polygons is the line : place=village | landuse= residential [0x03 resolution 18].  It is the defaultstyle.
and in lines : boundary=administrative & admin_level=8 [0x1c resolution 18]  It is the defaultstyle.

I have looked in the OSM-source with JOSM and see , that all polygons landuse=residential are proper configured.

But the output of mkgmap create a malformed polygon 0x3 in some cases. The 0x3 boundaries are not identical with OSM -sourcedata, but the are following the Line boundary=administrative  & admin_level=8 [0x1c ].
This is my testequipment:  Osm-sourcedata : www.img2ms.de/bilder/Neukirchen.osm.pbf<http://www.img2ms.de/bilder/Neukirchen.osm.pbf> . Have a look at id=13689494  landuse=forest ...
nearby is the line 51529384 boundary=administrative.
 after mkgamp has compiled the osm.pbf to 60000706.img (www.img2ms.de/bilder/compiled_img.jpg<http://www.img2ms.de/bilder/compiled_img.jpg> and img2ms.de/bilder/60000706.img) there is a big area 0x3 (residential) as layer and overlapping under the wood. the borders of this wrong 0x3 follow the line 0x1c.
To see this in a grafical way, i have wrote in oldfashion VB6 a small tool www.img2ms.de/bilder/Elemente<http://www.img2ms.de/bilder/Elemente> Selektieren.exe (for mp-files only). And open the created 60000706_extract.mp using GPSMapedit.
the output in GPSMapedit shows me, that the outline of polygon 0x3 follows the line 0x1c.( www.img2ms.de/bilder/60000706_extract.mp<http://www.img2ms.de/bilder/60000706_extract.mp> )
I assume, the stylefile has a bug ? or bug in mkgmap?
 What can i do ? Thomas