logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible problem with global search index since r3875

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Apr 9 10:23:38 BST 2017

Hi

> The rule that produces the label "13/14 Hauptstrasse"  (start is highway shield code) is this:
> highway=primary {name '${ref|highway-symbol:box} ${name}' | '${ref|highway-symbol:box}' | '${name}'; addlabel '${name} (${ref})' }

This may be unpopular but we should stop doing this.  This was needed
before we could have multiple labels, but that was a long time ago.

The Garmin way to do this is that the name is the first label, then
any refs or alternate names.

So this case would ideally be represented as:

   Label 1: Hauptstrasse
   Label 2: 13
   Label 3: 14

..Steve