logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] improve mdr7 index

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Apr 5 17:03:08 BST 2017

that looks more useful. I don't think reporting is needed - you can check
if things are working in the map themselves - so it should be only in some
kind of debug mode.

Could there be a wildcard like "?". I have thinks like M?? for M00 to M66.
Of course I could add all combinations into  the file so I'm not sure if a
wildcard like ? is a good idea. Maybe have ? not as wildcard but escaped
"^?" as wildcard? Then I could simply have M^?^? as a rule in mdr-7-del
instead of putting in all the possible combinations. I guess allowing ^* as
wildcard would be a bit too strong though - and I guess should not be
allowed?

On 5 April 2017 at 16:03, Gerd Petermann <GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> attached is a patch which changes the meaning of --x-mdr7-excl and adds a
> 2nd option --x-mdr7-del.
> A binary is here:
> http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/345/mkgmap.jar
>
> The new option --x-mdr7-del can be used to delete strings from road names
> before they are written to any index.
> The option  --x-mdr7-excl is now only used for the partial names created
> by the --x-split-name-index option.
> If you place them in an option file, you may use this:
> x-mdr7-excl=Weg,Straße,Street,Road
> x-mdr7-del=Service,Primary,Secondary,Tertiary,....
>
> So, in x-mdr7-excl you list parts of real road names which should not be
> searchable. In x-mdr7-del you put words which were added by your style and
> should be removed from the name.
> The removement of those strings is done from the end, it stops when a word
> is found that should not be deleted. This is what I described as 1a) here:
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2017q2/026584.html
>
> You may now add blanks to improve readabilty, so
> x-mdr7-excl=Weg, Straße, Street, Road
> works like above. I am not sure if there is a case where we want to be
> able to exclude multiple words.
>
> @Arndt:
> In your current config file you use "Via Ferrata" and some other
> combinations with blanks like "unpav CyW". This will no longer work with
> this patch. Maybe you can change
> your style to add "Via-Ferrata" instead the other combinations are simply
> no longer needed.
>
> Do we need some kind of reporting for these options?
> Maybe some stats like
> mdr7-excl option Weg matched 11231 times
> mdr7-excl option Straße matched 2321 times

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich