logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new option shutdown_pc ?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Apr 2 12:55:04 BST 2017

On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 09:47:18AM +0200, Thomas Morgenstern wrote:
>maybee it is a good feature, to have the ability to shutdown the
>computer, after splitter and/or mkgmap is ready . But only , if
>splitter/mkgmap not ended with a error. I will read the error.

This would seem to be better done by a script that invokes splitter and
mkgmap. All that splitter and mkgmap would need to do is to follow the
convention, that is, finish with exit status 0 when everything succeeds,
and with a nonzero exit status in case of an error.

Then, the script (or makefile or whatever) would implement the logic.
Maybe sample scripts could be provided for both POSIX-like systems and
for Microsoft Windows.

I do not know about the shells that are available on Microsoft Windows
(cmd.exe, PowerShell and whatnot), but on POSIX, something like the
following should work, assuming that splitter and mkgmap follow the
convention on exit codes:

#!/bin/sh
set -e
# the above causes the script to abort on error
wget ...
java -jar splitter.jar ...
java -jar mkgmap.jar ...
# optional step: upload the map files to somewhere
sudo shutdown now

Best regards,

	Marko