logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r3867: refactoring, no functional change: simplify code to add background polygon (type 0x4B)

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Mar 28 13:40:14 BST 2017

Hi Gerd,

cgpsmapper can create 3 types of map:
- transparent - TRE flag set and no background
- semi-transparent - TRE flag not set and no background
- normal - TRE flag not set and background exist

For normal maps, cgpsmapper creates background rectangle if no
background object exist in source code. Background object is defined by
explicit declaration "Background=Y". I'm not sure if this declaration
could be added to any other object type than 0x4B. Probably marine maps
use other type for background.

I think current algorithm in mkgmap is good enough. What you can add is
an option to stop creating default background, like for example
--background=no. But I don't think it would have much use.

I don't know if there is any peculiarity to background object in img. Is
it marked as background somewhere in img data? If yes, then you can
consider adding an ability in style to set this marking, for example
like "set mkgmap:background=yes".

--
Best regards,
Andrzej