logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit r3872: simplify sources which implement osm format readers, mo effect on output expected.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Mar 28 10:08:06 BST 2017

On 28/03/17 09:13, svn commit wrote:
> Osm5XmlHandler was renamed to OsmXmlHandler (no idea what the 5 meant, I always confuse it with 05m)

It represents the version number of the API. When mkgmap was first
written, OSM had a different XML format where ways were made up of lists
of "segments" which consisted of two points.  That was version 0.4, and
the classes were named OSMXmlHandler (later OsmXmlHandler) and so on.

Version 0.5 of the api was not backward compatible and so for a while
mkgmap supported both and the classes implementing the new version where
named starting Osm5

The next and current version of the api 0.6 did not have changes that
affected us.

..Steve