logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RAM and mdr Europa ?

From Thomas Morgenstern webmaster at img2ms.de on Fri Mar 24 16:07:22 GMT 2017

Hi, I have a W10, 64 bit machine  and 10 GB RAM. Since  a few months i
can not generate the mdr-file for Europa from www.Download.Geofabrik.de
In a first run i generate only all the maptiles. No Problem. in a second
i will generate the overview, tdb and mdr. I start j/ava -Xmx9800m
-XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit jar mkgmap.jar code-page=1252 -family-id=1901
-x-split-name-index -index  D:\Karten\Europa\*.img./

and get the error.

with mkgmap-r3864 it get the same error.

How many RAM must i have for Europa complete ?. In august 2016 it was
possible to create the mdr with 6 GB RAM. But the filesize is growm ...

thomas