logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] undocumented contour line feature

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 24 09:08:57 GMT 2017

Hi all,

mkgmap contains sources to generate contour lines from SRTM data, but it seems to be very
incomplete. The last significant changes in the source was in 2010, and I never heard that anybody uses
options like --x-contours since I started to contribute to mkgmap.
See also
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q3/002581.html

I'd like to either remove the code completely or mayve make it work if you think that it would be better to have the code in mkgmap
instead of a separate package like phyghtmap.
Does anybody remember why it is not documented?