logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Parallel major roads to cycleways

From Philip Homburg pch-mkgmap-dev at u-1.phicoh.com on Fri Mar 17 15:36:40 GMT 2017

> I am also one of those who create their GPX files with other (online)
> programs, but I've still not found one which I can configure so
> that my route preferences are met, so I hope that I can improve
> the routing in Basecamp/Mapsource. I use the routing on device only
> for small distances, e.g. when I am searching for a supermarket,
> restaurant etc. while I follow a GPX track.

I use routing a lot for cycling.

Most of the time I do use a custom style. But that's mostly to keep out
really stupid things like steps or highways.

In Amsterdam, I add tags to make things really right, i.e. to make sure that
you always end up on the cycle path and not on the main road even when the
cycle path is crazy.

But for example in Brussels, it just works and I never did any mapping there.