logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] type file and resolutions

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Mar 15 06:26:00 GMT 2017

Hi Mike,

I don't know a solution with TYP file but you may use a different type for low resolutions.
The default style contains
highway=motorway  [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 15]

If you change that to
highway=motorway  [0x10101 resolution 15 -17 continue]
highway=motorway  [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 17]
to use 0x10101 for the low resolutions (no idea if that is a good choice).

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. März 2017 21:28:37
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] type file and resolutions

Hi, does anyone know whether it is possible to use different type files for
different resolutions, or to restrict the resolution range of the type file.
The problem I am having is that in my map I only use resolutions 24,22,20,18
and 16. Below that I allow the base map to take over. However, in BaseCamp I
am getting the base map displayed using my type file (and the whole world
uses it, not just the area of my map). If I try the same thing with a
commercial map, I can see the base map take over seamlessly at low
resolutions. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike