logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 14 17:07:18 GMT 2017

Hi Mike,

if your overview map contains data with resolution 17 and lower, you should only render a few
objects at this low resolution, e.g. large cities, motorways, large rivers etc.
POI for shops are not a good candidate for the overview map.
Normally you don't have to change much in your style, you just change the level statements
so that the lower resolutions are placed in the overview map.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. März 2017 17:58:54
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Overview map

Hi Gerd, I was really hoping that someone who understood how this works
could provide some useful information. However, I can have a play with it
and try to determine how it should be used and hopefully come up with some
improved documentation afterwards.

The style manual mentions that ideally you should limit the amount of
information included in the overview file, but I can't find any mention in
the manual as to how to prevent information from being included in the
overview file, with it only going to the main file. I would also want to use
different line types for the overview file (e.g. make the lines representing
roads narrower). How do I do that?

Cheers,
Mike