logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] differet Coord implementation

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Mar 14 09:53:43 GMT 2017

Hi Gerd

Are you still planning to implement this patch. I've been using it for
a while with some additional changes and I didn't have any problems. I
think it is tidier and makes things more obvious.

The addition changes I had were roughly as I listed in a follow-up:

... much clearer and have the same effect if
 imgFmt.Utils.toMapUnit
 new:Coord.toHighPrec
were re-coded as
  return Math.round(degrees / 360.0D * (1 << resolution))

imgfmt.Utils.roundup()) change to rounding to nearest integer rather
than being like ceiling():
        public static int roundUp(int val, int shift) {
                if (shift <= 0)
                        return val;
                return (((val >> (shift-1)) + 1) >> 1) << shift;
        }

In the new versions of Coord.getLatitude/Longitude(), could have/use
        final int DELTA_HALF = 1 << (DELTA_SHIFT - 1);
        public int getLatitude() {
                int lat24 = (latHp + DELTA_HALF) >> DELTA_SHIFT;
        public int getLongitude() {
		int lon24;
                if (HIGH_PREC_BITS == 32 && lonHp == Integer.MAX_VALUE)
                        lon24 = (lonHp >> DELTA_SHIFT) + 1;
                else
                        lon24 = (lonHp + DELTA_HALF) >> DELTA_SHIFT;

Ticker