logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] nwe special tag mkgmap:residential

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 3 10:36:22 GMT 2017

Hi all,

attached is a patch that implements a new hook ResidentialHook to add the tag
mkgmap:residential
to nodes and ways which are located in a landuse=residential area.
If that area was named, the tag will have the value of that name, else it will be yes.
So, in the style you may use
building=* & mkgmap:residential!=* [0x13 resolution 24]
to add only those buildings to the map which are not inside a landuse=residential area.

To reduce run time, the hook tests only one point for each element:
For nodes it will check the position of the node,
For closed ways the hook computes the center point,
for other ways with n points it will check the n/2 th point.

The hook is executed after the POIGeneratorHook, so generated POI are processed
(as well as the shapes generated from MP-Relations.
I did not see a reason to process relations,  please let me know if you see one.

A compiled binary is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/338/mkgmap.jar

The option --x-residential-hook=false disables the hook.

If I hear no complains I will add docu and commit the patch next tuesday.