logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Terraced/pixellated coastline with --precomp-sea

From NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de on Sun Feb 19 19:51:51 GMT 2017

Hi Gerd,

Gerd Petermann wrote
> The default style contains this line:
> natural=sea { add mkgmap:skipSizeFilter=true; set mkgmap:drawLevel=2 }
> [0x32 resolution 10]
>
> which in fact tells mkgmap to skip the size filter for the polygons
> generated by precomp-sea.

Thank you, that was the missing key information. My custom style does not
contain any such line. After adding a similar rule to my style, I was able
to get proper sea areas.

But I was forced to use the 0x32 area like in your example. It was unused in
my style and I never had a rule for it. First I tried 0x3C which I used for
all large water bodies - including the generated sea polys - in the past,
but then the sea polygons were disappearing again. It seems that multiple
rules leading to the same Garmin object are somehow connected and the
skipSizeFilter is somehow cancelled.

I still do not understand why --generate-sea has worked without any rule
like the one you posted and without using 0x32 for years, as long as the sea
polys were generated from OSM data. Shouldn't the sea generator's output be
the same, regarless of the source of input?