logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] roundabouts

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Sun Feb 12 17:10:53 GMT 2017

Hi Gerd,

Regarding routable types without a road_speed or road_class attribute: this can create other problems when searching for an address along that street, routing could cause straight lines on the device. Since it is unlikely that there are any addresses on a roundabouts you can ignore those warnings. Those crashes that were reported were related to my Style where I have used 0x02 for cycling routes on top of routable highways. Both lines were routable and this could crash the device, in particular at roundabouts where three routable lines were used (02, 0c and normal highways).

________________________________

Hi lig fietser,

hmm, maybe I was mislead by the results of GPSMapEdit. It seems that it shows some
defaults when a line with a routable type is not in the NOD file. So, only the type 0xc
line is added to the NOD file, but we also know that it is not good to use routable types
without a road_speed or road_class attribute. Maybe that explains the problems?
Note the warnings from check-styles:
Warning: routable type 0x08 is used for non-routable line with level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 175
Warning: routable type 0x16 is used for non-routable line with level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 232
Warning: routable type 0x060 is used for non-routable line with level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 243. Type is overlaid with 0x06
Warning: routable type 0x050 is used for non-routable line with level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 250. Type is overlaid with 0x05
Warning: routable type 0x040 is used for non-routable line with level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 255. Type is overlaid with 0x04
Warning: routable type 0x030 is used for non-routable line with level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 261. Type is overlaid with 0x03

Gerd
<http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev>