logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] roundabouts

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Sun Feb 12 12:40:58 GMT 2017

On 02/12/2017 12:59 PM, lig fietser wrote:

> I have used such approach for my bicycle maps and received quite a few
> negative reports with two routable lines on top of each other,
> especially near and at roundabouts. A lot of devices will crash
> (completely shut down) so I'd not recommend this.

In my style I avoid this problem by having a routable, but invisible
line 0x0c and different visible but not routable lines 0x11e04-0x11e07
on top:

junction=roundabout & highway=trunk        [0x11e04 level 5 continue]
junction=roundabout & highway=trunk        [0x0c road_class=1
road_speed=2 resolution 18]
junction=roundabout & highway=primary      [0x11e04 level 5 continue]
junction=roundabout & highway=primary      [0x0c road_class=1
road_speed=2 resolution 19]
junction=roundabout & highway=secondary    [0x11e05 level 4 continue]
junction=roundabout & highway=secondary    [0x0c road_class=1
road_speed=2 resolution 20]
junction=roundabout & highway=tertiary     [0x11e06 level 3 continue]
junction=roundabout & highway=tertiary     [0x0c road_class=1
road_speed=2 resolution 21]
junction=roundabout & highway=unclassified [0x11e07 level 3 continue]
junction=roundabout & highway=unclassified [0x0c road_class=1
road_speed=2 resolution 21]
junction=roundabout                        [0x11e07 level 3 continue]
junction=roundabout                        [0x0c road_class=1
road_speed=2 resolution 22]

0x11e04 looks exactly like the normal highway=trunk line 0x16. Works nicely.

Now that I think of it, I just might omit the "resolution" for 0x0c,
it's not visible anyway.