logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] To do: If-Then-Else

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Feb 12 12:36:22 GMT 2017

Hi Andrzej,

yes, I think that can be done. Note that this opens a box of worms
because rules may not work as expected when a style-option is missing or has a typo.
(the tag would be empty).
The user has to find out what options are needed to make the style work.
The options are probably "hidden" in more or less complex scripts which might
not work on a different machine / OS.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 12. Februar 2017 13:13:59
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] To do: If-Then-Else

Hi Gerd,

I think this is a good solution for variable styles. Only I would prefer
a more simple use. Regular expressions looks clattered and probably are
more expensive then simple comparison. Could you consider something like
this:

mkgmap option with multiple "key=value", empty value could set boolean
"true" as value:
--style-option=car;farms=more;admin5=10

and then rules in style like this:

landuse=farmland & mkgmap:option:farms=more  [0x10f01 level 2]

boundary=administrative & admin_level<5 & admin_level>0
& mkgmap:option:admin5 <= 12 [0x1d resolution 12]

aeroway=taxiway & mkgmap:option:car=false [0x27 resolution 23]

--
Best regards,
Andrzej