logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] is_in filter

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Feb 6 19:55:17 GMT 2017

Hi Carlos,

okay, I thought about this for a while. We need quite a lot of new code for this, so I think
the user interface should be as flexible as possible.
If we want to support a style function like is_in(<exp>)
where <exp> can be something like
landuse=residential
or more complex stuff like
landuse=forest | natural=wood
In short, I think it should support more or less all Tag_tests including regular expressions
and combined expressions. A complete style rule could look like this:
building=* & !is_in(landuse=residential | landuse=retail)   [0x13 resolution 24]
Those Tag_tests are used to filter the enclosing areas (closed ways, multipolygon-relations).

I have no idea how to code the part that parses the style file.
Is someone volunteering to code these changes?
I think about a new class IsInFunction in package uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.function
which would call an eval(element) method for each enclosing element. The eval method
should return true / false.

I'd like to code the needed methods to find the enclosing elements in an efficient way.

If nobody finds a way to code the above style changes
I can code a style function with a much simpler syntax like this:
is_in_<key><val>()
e.g.
is_in_landuse_residential()
or
is_in_natural_wood()
The name of the function gives the test:
The enclosing element must have a key <key> with the value <val>

Complex tests like regular expressions would not work with this.